MULTI-FACTOR Authentication for Member Benefits Online System(MBOS)
Mandatory implementation of Multi-Factor Authentification (MFA) is now required for access to Member Benefits Online System (MBOS) via the myNewJersey portal.
The Division of Pension & Benefits, with the Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness, and Office of Information Technology, is requiring use of MFA by all MBOS users to improve the security of online systems.
MFA is free and does not involve use of your personal information. After MFA is activated, authentication may be done through SMS text, an authenticator app on a smartphone or tablet, or both. A third option is available for members who only use a computer- this is referred to as a browser authenticator extension. As a registered MBOS user, you will be required to immediately implement MFA the next time you log on- to the myNewJersey portal. After you review the MFA authentication options, complete setup to protect your personal information, and assure continued access to the information and applications in MBOS.
If you need help setting up or using the MFA , please contact the myNewJersey Help Desk via the “Need Help?” link on the login page or call 609-376-7001.
*Cell carrier message and data rates may apply for MFA using SMS text.
MY NJ Benefits Hub [https://www.nj.gov]
You have access to mynjbenefitshub beginning January 1, 2022.
All paper forms are discontinued as of January 1, 2022. Enrollment and changes must be made online at mynjbenefitshub.nj.gov.
1. You can get started by going to mynjbenefitshub.nj.gov or through MBOS and EPIC buttons.
2. If you use MBOS click on the Benefitsolver button. If you do not have a Benefitsolver button, you must visit the NJDPB website, www.state.ni.us/treasury/pensions
- Access Benefitsolver and register. When you log back into your myNewJersey (www.nj.gov) account, you should now see the Benefitsolver button. If you visit mynjbenefrtshub.nj.gov, you may need to register first before logging in.
This can be done by clicking the Register button and then entering your Social Security number and date of birth. You will also be asked for the Company Key which is SHBP/SEHBP. You will then be asked a series of questions to verify your identity.
Once you have established a username and password, you can use those credentials to log in. You must visit mynjbenefitshub.nj.gov to do the following:
- Change your address.
- Change your benefits. (AFTER you have had them for at least a year.)
- To waive or terminate your coverage.
- To add eligible dependents.
- If your spouse passes away.
If you are enrolled in another Medicare Advantage Plan as a member or dependent, you will automatically be disenrolled from your SHBP/SEHBP plan. If you and/or your spouse choose to enroll in an other employer-sponsored group Medicare Part D plan, you will be disenrolled from the SHBP/ SEHBP retiree prescription drug program. If you and/or your spouse choose to enroll in a private Medicare Part D plan, your retiree coverage through the SHBP/SEHBP will be terminated.